ASTM F1306 | Puncture & Impact Testing
Puncture and impact testing can provide data on how well your product or material can withstand penetration forces. Due to the vast differences in material properties based on rate of energy delivery, there are multiple tests that can be performed to determine these differences.
DDL has the capability to provide impact speeds of up to 80 meters per minute using hydraulic actuation. We also have multiple shapes and sizes to provide a wide variety of testing capabilities.
Shown below are a few of the standards that are applicable to puncture/impact testing:
- ASTM D1709 - Impact Resistance of Plastic Film by the Free-Falling Dart Method
- ASTM D2463 - Drop Impact Resistance of Blow-Molded Thermoplastic Containers
- ASTM D3420 - Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastic Film
- ASTM D3763 - High Speed Puncture Properties of Plastics Using Load and Displacement Sensors
- ASTM D5420 - Impact Resistance of Flat, Rigid Plastic Specimen by Means of a Striker Impacted by a Falling Weight (Gardner Impact)
- ASTM F1306 - Slow Rate Penetration Resistance of Flexible Barrier Films and Laminates
- ASTM D7192 - Standard Test Method for High Speed Puncture Properties of Plastic Films Using Load and Displacement Sensors
- ASTM F2132 - Puncture Resistance of Materials Used in Containers for Discarded Medical Needles and Other Sharps
- ASTM D 5628 - Standard Test Method for Impact Resistance of Flat, Rigid Plastic Specimens by Means of a Falling Dart (Tup or Falling Mass)
You can also contact us at 800-229-4235.
Not sure what test is right for you? Visit DDL's PackAdvice Search Matrix!