Peel Adhesion Testing
Peel adhesion testing gives information about the bond strength created between an adhesive and a substrate Peel adhesion can also be extended to apply to thermal bonds or other types of mating between materials.
Because substrate cleanliness is so important to gathering reliable data, appropriate measures must be taken to ensure freedom from dirt, grease, and other contaminants.
Shown below are a few of the standards that employ peel adhesion testing:
- ASTM D903 – Peel or Stripping of Adhesive Bonds
- ASTM D1876 – Peel Resistance of Adhesives (T-Peel Test)
- ASTM D3330 – Peel Adhesion of Pressure-Sensitive Tape
- ASTM D 6862 – Standard Test Method for 90 Degree Peel Resistance of Adhesives
- ASTM D7234 – Pull-Off Adhesion Strength of Coatings on Concrete Using Portable Pull-off Adhesion Testers
Not sure what test is right for you? You can also call us at 1-800-229-4235.