Thermal Performance Testing
DDL has the team of industry experts and the equipment capacity to conduct and mange your thermal performance testing projects from the protocol development phase through to the execution of the protocol and final documentation.
Working as an independent third party lab or in conjunction with our own team of engineers and designers, DDL has the expertise and expanded capacity to meet all of your thermal performance testing requirements. We handle everything from protocol development, protocol execution and final test documentation. DDL is the industry leader in providing thermal package qualification testing that stands up to regulatory audits.
Our thermal performance package testing capabilities include:
More than 80 thermal test chambers worldwide, ranging in temperature capabilities from -65°C/-85°F to 170°C/338°F, RH up to 90%
DDL provides comprehensive, industry-guided test reports that conform to FDA, USDA, and HACCP guidelines. Our MN and CA locations are ISO9001:2008 certified ISTA Certified Lab following a GMP methodology, conforming to PDA Technical Report No. 39, ISTA and ASTM standards
DDL uses data acquisition equipment calibrated to NIST traceable standards for accurately recording temperature and humidity changes during testing
A Project Manager is assigned to your project and dedicated to manage the scope of the project accurately and on a timely basis.
Thermal Package Test Report documentation includes:
- Summary - overview of the test plan and objective, including scope, acceptance criteria, test set-up, product acceptance criteria, and summary data tables.
- Test Data - color graphs and raw data for all tests performed.
- Packing Procedures - written and illustrated instructions for each packing configuration tested.
- Material Descriptions and Specifications - engineering specifications for all packaging components.
- Equipment Description and Calibration Data - full documentation for all equipment used in the qualification.
- Protocol - includes a purpose, scope, responsibility, test procedure, and acceptance criteria.
Have a question about thermal performance testing? Please contact us or Ask our Package Testing Expert about your next thermal performance testing, distribution simulation, or stability testing project.
You can also call us at 1-800-229-4235.
Looking for more cold chain solutions? Contact our sister company Cryopak to learn more about their complete suite of temperature controlled packaging products and package design capabilities that ensure the integrity of your temperature controlled products at any temperature range!