Non-Medical Device Testing
DDL performs testing for non-medical device companies that are looking to prevent damage that occurs to products during distribution and shipping due to poor packaging. DDL has the resources, experience & expertise to help determine whether your packaging will effectively protect your product throughout the entire transportation process.
Distribution testing and shipping damage testing can help ensure that your product is not damaged throughout transportation of your goods. Performing transportation testing on packaging can help eliminate some of the costs of replacing damaged goods.
DDL Tests Packaging for Shipping Damage in the following markets:
- Point-of-purchase displays/store product displays
- High value electronic equipment
- Fragile goods that require careful handling
- Food packaging
- Small appliances
- Temperature controlled packaging for food shipping
Major Tests and Standards Related to Distribution Testing:
- Distribution transportation testing for consumer products – ASTM D4169
- ISTA 3A testing standards – parcel delivery
- ISTA 3E testing standards – (palletized loads)
- All ISTA procedures are available
DDL's engineers have over 20 years of distribution testing experience and can help with failure analysis in the event that your packaging fails. DDL offers fast reporting for the results of your test. We will provide you with a written report, as well as images documenting the results of your transportation testing.
If you want to save money & reduce the cost of replacing a product due to shipping damage, talk to one of our packaging experts about distribution simulation, transportation testing today!
You can also contact us at 800-229-4235.
Not sure what test is right for you? Visit DDL's PackAdvice Search Matrix!